Nero - TX vs XII + jammer sizing?

So, with the scary-fast Santa Clara psych sheets up, I'm contemplating violating my "never pay more than $100 for a jammer" rule. I'm not yet willing to go above $200 and blueseventy has always had a special place in my swimmer's heart thanks to their awesome Nero Comp from the glory days of the bodysuit era, so I'm really just down to deciding: Nero TX or Nero XII? Which size? Any strong opinions or biases on which suit is better? If you prefer one, why? As for size, I typically train in an 32 Endurance jammer, but race in a size 30 TYR Tracer Light. Any experience whether the Nero TX or XII are "sized right?" While I'm at it, I'm also in the market for a new speed cap and soliciting recommendations from others who have large heads!
  • I think the XII is probably the better suit. The only reason it's cheaper now is that it's been replaced by the Nero 14. That's my thinking, anyway. I haven't actually used either of those. I recently bought a size 28 Nero 14 and it is very tight. All I've done so far is try it on. I think there's the possibility I can get it all the way on, but I haven't quite demonstrated that yet! I think a size 30 may have been a better call. But I do have relatively wide hips. If you are narrow hipped the 28 might fit just fine.
  • The only B-70 jammer I have had is the TX. I like it a lot.I wear a 32 suit for practice and the size 30 seems right for me for a meet suit.
  • I can barely don a 32 (TYR ap12) without destroying the suit in the process, and I'm a toothpick (size 32 pants fall off of me). Takes about 5 minutes minimum, and even then I see damage occur where places of the suit get overstretched.
  • Yeah, but the B70 sizing chart is pretty funky. They say a size 28 should fit someone 175-205 and a 31" waist. cdn.shopify.com/.../2014_nero_size.jpg I'm very close to 180 lbs so you'd think 28 would be my size, but it's definitely tight. The big question is why would you call a suit a "size 28" when it's supposed to fit a 31" waist?
  • yeah, say the 200 free on sunday :DOh, I was thinking the 200 breaststroke.:bolt:
  • To me it's not about the waist, it's about the hips/thighs. Not that I'm too familiar with your hips/thighs Patrick but my guess is you're narrower than me. I wear a 28 B70 XII, but I prefer my Speedo Fastskin3 Elite. It's a size SR6 whatever that means! I also wear a TYR Durafast size 28 jammer to practice.
  • PWB, i will buy you any 1 of these for you to wear at nats. www.swimoutlet.com/.../ just give me the shipping info or i can hand it to you personally. i am just that nice of a guy! :D
  • Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I should've explained my B70 sizing challenge more clearly as I'm 190 (so smack in the middle of the 28 sizing weight-wise and below the 30 weight range), but a 33/34 inch waist when it comes to pants (so above the 28 and spot on the 30). I think I'll try the 30, make sure I've got time to return it if it's too loose and go for it. @sunruh, I do need some new board shorts for my summer lake vacation and the $160 Oakley Blade III Board Shorts are advertised as "with compression", so I might just take you up on your offer. I just have to wear these in one event at Nats, right, for the offer to be valid ;)
  • @sunruh, I do need some new board shorts for my summer lake vacation and the $160 Oakley Blade III Board Shorts are advertised as "with compression", so I might just take you up on your offer. I just have to wear these in one event at Nats, right, for the offer to be valid ;) yeah, say the 200 free on sunday :D