super streamline

Some time ago ande posted a video of a 25 SCY streamline from a push. It got picked up by swimswam recently. (congrats ande!) swimswam.com/.../ Well it's been seen and raised. swimswam.com/.../ Edit: Wait, I just watched it again, that looks like it is from a dive to me. ande is still champion in my book!
Parents
  • In the original Olympic event the distance was measured to the spot where the head broke the water surface. We do this all the time at the beginning of practice. To stay under longer you keep having to let out more and more air. The bigger (I.e. more mass) you are the farther you can go. I imagine in the early days, if plunges were done in lakes or ponds with murky water. I wonder if plungers snuck in a few sculls or kicks in the dark depths.
  • In the original Olympic event the distance was measured to the spot where the head broke the water surface. We do this all the time at the beginning of practice. To stay under longer you keep having to let out more and more air. The bigger (I.e. more mass) you are the farther you can go. I imagine in the early days, if plunges were done in lakes or ponds with murky water. I wonder if plungers snuck in a few sculls or kicks in the dark depths.
Children
No Data