2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • I understand about USMS Top Ten not requiring session measurements for bulkhead courses at FINA meets (as long as the original certification is on file). And I understand if a USMS or FINA record is set you need the bulkhead confirmation measurements (two outside and one middle). I assume you only need the final measurement (after the session) and you don't need the initial measurement (before the session), too? Jeff Excellent question. I found this in the Guide to Operations and the USMS Rule Book. "For a pool with a moveable bulkhead, if the initial pool length certification for all lanes is on file, the following rules must be observed." "For events sanctioned by USMS, proper bulkhead placement must be confirmed before the meet and after each session of the meet. Bulkhead placement is confirmed by course measurement of the two outside lanes and a middle lane". Since this is an international meet, the host would not be responsible because they have the initial surveyor measurement and they are required to measure if a record is set after the session. My take is that all swims are good for a World Record and top ten times without a measurement. However, a USMS Record might be another matter because USMS requires initial measurements before and after sessions for the USMS Record. So at this meet if you did not have an initial measurement at the beginning and someone set a USMS Record and a FINA World Record, the World Record would count but the USMS National Record would not because of the lack of initial measurement. That is how I read the USMS Rules on this. Chris or someone else, please clarify this and I hope I am wrong on this interpretation. If this is the case then the rule change that we made at the convention didn't really help solve this problem. Granted if there are no USMS Records, then everybody is safe. There are rare occasions where you can set a World Record and not get a USMS Record because the USMS Record is faster and those would be good too. You don't know who is going to set a USMS Record at the beginning of the meet, so to be safe you would have to measure all of the pools before each session and that would be asking this meet host to measure the inside and 2 outside lanes for 6 sessions of Friday Afternoon, Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Sunday Morning, Sunday Afternoon, and Monday Morning. And in some cases like the Friday session,because of the distance events swimming in two pools, that would be an extra measurement. So that would be a measurement of 7 times and the Meet Host is under no obligation to do this or let someone in the facility do this because its not part of the rules of this meet. This is a sanction meet by Swim Canada and not USMS.
  • I understand about USMS Top Ten not requiring session measurements for bulkhead courses at FINA meets (as long as the original certification is on file). And I understand if a USMS or FINA record is set you need the bulkhead confirmation measurements (two outside and one middle). I assume you only need the final measurement (after the session) and you don't need the initial measurement (before the session), too? Jeff Excellent question. I found this in the Guide to Operations and the USMS Rule Book. "For a pool with a moveable bulkhead, if the initial pool length certification for all lanes is on file, the following rules must be observed." "For events sanctioned by USMS, proper bulkhead placement must be confirmed before the meet and after each session of the meet. Bulkhead placement is confirmed by course measurement of the two outside lanes and a middle lane". Since this is an international meet, the host would not be responsible because they have the initial surveyor measurement and they are required to measure if a record is set after the session. My take is that all swims are good for a World Record and top ten times without a measurement. However, a USMS Record might be another matter because USMS requires initial measurements before and after sessions for the USMS Record. So at this meet if you did not have an initial measurement at the beginning and someone set a USMS Record and a FINA World Record, the World Record would count but the USMS National Record would not because of the lack of initial measurement. That is how I read the USMS Rules on this. Chris or someone else, please clarify this and I hope I am wrong on this interpretation. If this is the case then the rule change that we made at the convention didn't really help solve this problem. Granted if there are no USMS Records, then everybody is safe. There are rare occasions where you can set a World Record and not get a USMS Record because the USMS Record is faster and those would be good too. You don't know who is going to set a USMS Record at the beginning of the meet, so to be safe you would have to measure all of the pools before each session and that would be asking this meet host to measure the inside and 2 outside lanes for 6 sessions of Friday Afternoon, Saturday Morning, Saturday Afternoon, Sunday Morning, Sunday Afternoon, and Monday Morning. And in some cases like the Friday session,because of the distance events swimming in two pools, that would be an extra measurement. So that would be a measurement of 7 times and the Meet Host is under no obligation to do this or let someone in the facility do this because its not part of the rules of this meet. This is a sanction meet by Swim Canada and not USMS.
Children
No Data