2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
  • According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks. Not sure yet about Nationals, but the Ontario Provincial meet is already posted and at the same place at the last weekend in March -- 2014provincialchampionships.com/ -- with order of events up.
  • ... they seem to always do the 1500m on the Friday ... I would expect the registration to open soon. I have the schedule for 2011, Montreal. In 2011, the 800 was on Friday; the 1500 on Monday. Maybe they alternate? Guess I'll just have to wait ... :waiting: <'s one for everything ...
  • I had written to the president of Masters Swimming Ontario to confirm LCM or SCM and he has not gotten back to me yet. On one web site it says LCM and in another it says SCM.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    You can see the 2012 event order here: cmsc2012.ca/schedule.html The order of events is not consistent year to year but they seem to always do the 1500m on the Friday. LCM or SCM seems to be up to the host, not following any pattern. I would expect the registration to open soon.
  • Former Member
    I have the schedule for 2011, Montreal. In 2011, the 800 was on Friday; the 1500 on Monday. Maybe they alternate? Guess I'll just have to wait ... :waiting: <'s one for everything ...It was on the Friday in 2010, 2012, and 2013. I think the whole thing is up to the meet director.
  • Michigan Masters is really looking forward to this meet. This is essentially a home meet for anyone in the greater Detroit area and suburbs. The facility was built in conjunction with the 2016 FINA World Short Course Championships and the last time that meet was held in North America was in 2004 in Indianapolis. The facility is big. They have a separate water park and 25 meter pool across from the 75 meter pool that can have up to 3 courses for SCM. They can swim up to 10 Lanes for both LCM and SCM and its 25 meters wide 75 meters long that is divided by bulkheads. The 50 meter section is 2.5 meters deep with a deeper section in the diving tank. The facility is similar in make to Greensboro only larger because of the water park. The width and length are identical to Georgia Tech because that is a pool that is built at the international distances of 25 meters width wise. Having a championship meet run with 10 lanes allows this facility and others like it to cover 20% more swimmers during a meet. The facility is a few blocks over the USA border.
  • Frank, Is it better to stay on the US side or the Canadian side. Wondering about going through customs each day...would it be a pain?
  • Hi Glen: I would say it would be better to stay in Windsor. You never know how much traffic you will get at the border with customs and it can get pretty crowded during the week and on the weekends. The meet starts early except Friday so my recommendation so if you stayed in Windsor you wouldn't have to deal with it. People that commute from Michigan will have to allow extra time for the stops at the border.
  • Just got confirmation from the competition chair of Masters Swimming Ontario that the Nationals in Windsor will be SCM.
  • Former Member
    That Monday is also a stat holiday so the borders will probably be more busy than usual.