2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Just an FYI: these same rules also apply to USA-S meets. In other words: (a) the pool has to be in the USMS database (it is not sufficient for it to be in the USA-S database though); (b) bulkhead measurements are not required for the times to be eligible for Top 10 measurements; and (c) USMS records require the bulkhead measurements (as well as the other information specified in the record application document). Of course, you also have to let your Top 10 Recorder know about the swims; ideally you checked beforehand to make sure the pool length has been certified. I understand about USMS Top Ten not requiring session measurements for bulkhead courses at FINA meets (as long as the original certification is on file). And I understand if a USMS or FINA record is set you need the bulkhead confirmation measurements (two outside and one middle). I assume you only need the final measurement (after the session) and you don't need the initial measurement (before the session), too? Jeff
  • Just an FYI: these same rules also apply to USA-S meets. In other words: (a) the pool has to be in the USMS database (it is not sufficient for it to be in the USA-S database though); (b) bulkhead measurements are not required for the times to be eligible for Top 10 measurements; and (c) USMS records require the bulkhead measurements (as well as the other information specified in the record application document). Of course, you also have to let your Top 10 Recorder know about the swims; ideally you checked beforehand to make sure the pool length has been certified. I understand about USMS Top Ten not requiring session measurements for bulkhead courses at FINA meets (as long as the original certification is on file). And I understand if a USMS or FINA record is set you need the bulkhead confirmation measurements (two outside and one middle). I assume you only need the final measurement (after the session) and you don't need the initial measurement (before the session), too? Jeff
Children
No Data