2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Just out of curiosity, why is all this measuring taking place? I thought USMS had changed its rule and decided to accept results from international meets even if that country's rules differed from ours. USMS still needs the initial course certification. The applicable rules are: 105.1.6 Pool Certification A. Record applications and Top 10 submissions shall not be accepted unless certification of course length accompanies them or is on file with USMS or FINA. 105.1.7 Pool Measurement D. If a moveable bulkhead is used and the initial pool length certification for all lanes is on file, the measurement rules and policies of FINA shall be the standard for events sanctioned by a FINA Masters member federation other than USMS.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Just out of curiosity, why is all this measuring taking place? I thought USMS had changed its rule and decided to accept results from international meets even if that country's rules differed from ours. USMS still needs the initial course certification. The applicable rules are: 105.1.6 Pool Certification A. Record applications and Top 10 submissions shall not be accepted unless certification of course length accompanies them or is on file with USMS or FINA. 105.1.7 Pool Measurement D. If a moveable bulkhead is used and the initial pool length certification for all lanes is on file, the measurement rules and policies of FINA shall be the standard for events sanctioned by a FINA Masters member federation other than USMS.
Children
No Data