2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Since you both seem to be well versed in Canadian Nationals stats, how far in advance do you guys think one needs to sign up this year, in order to make it in under the 1000 swimmer cap? I've been looking at the cmsc2014 website, but I don't see anything anywhere that indicates how many folks have signed up yet... Also, since the format is different than USMS nats, is it typically a bad idea to sign up for back-to-back events? I know at USMS nats it's no big deal to do two in a row, but I'm thinking it's not going to be a good idea to do that in Windsor. I would guess it wouldn't fill up too quickly because of worlds but don't hold me to that. I did 100 fly and 200 back back-to-back in Kelowna. I probably had 45-60 minutes in between. 200 back is a relatively unpopular event so it shouldn't be any worse than that. Especially if there are 400 more people.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Since you both seem to be well versed in Canadian Nationals stats, how far in advance do you guys think one needs to sign up this year, in order to make it in under the 1000 swimmer cap? I've been looking at the cmsc2014 website, but I don't see anything anywhere that indicates how many folks have signed up yet... Also, since the format is different than USMS nats, is it typically a bad idea to sign up for back-to-back events? I know at USMS nats it's no big deal to do two in a row, but I'm thinking it's not going to be a good idea to do that in Windsor. I would guess it wouldn't fill up too quickly because of worlds but don't hold me to that. I did 100 fly and 200 back back-to-back in Kelowna. I probably had 45-60 minutes in between. 200 back is a relatively unpopular event so it shouldn't be any worse than that. Especially if there are 400 more people.
Children
No Data