2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Since you both seem to be well versed in Canadian Nationals stats, how far in advance do you guys think one needs to sign up this year, in order to make it in under the 1000 swimmer cap? Also, since the format is different than USMS nats, is it typically a bad idea to sign up for back-to-back events? I have gone to every CDN Nationals since 2003, am planning to go to this one, and still haven't signed up yet. But I probably will sometime this week. That said, you're probably OK if you waited another month. And, I'm sure, lots of Canadians are debating which event to go to this year - Nationals or Worlds (Personally, I'm planning to go to both). So that might keep attendance at Nationals lower than usual. Regarding back-to-back events... depends on the events. For example, there should be lots of heats for the free and sprint events. Not so many for events like the stroke 200s and the longer IMs.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Since you both seem to be well versed in Canadian Nationals stats, how far in advance do you guys think one needs to sign up this year, in order to make it in under the 1000 swimmer cap? Also, since the format is different than USMS nats, is it typically a bad idea to sign up for back-to-back events? I have gone to every CDN Nationals since 2003, am planning to go to this one, and still haven't signed up yet. But I probably will sometime this week. That said, you're probably OK if you waited another month. And, I'm sure, lots of Canadians are debating which event to go to this year - Nationals or Worlds (Personally, I'm planning to go to both). So that might keep attendance at Nationals lower than usual. Regarding back-to-back events... depends on the events. For example, there should be lots of heats for the free and sprint events. Not so many for events like the stroke 200s and the longer IMs.
Children
No Data