2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Again, until we hit a 10,000 swimmer limit, we're not keeping up on a population basis with our northern neighbors if they can fill a 1,000 person National meet. It doesn't scale linearly. Especially after Italy a couple summers ago, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has zero interest in attending ultra-huge swim meets where warmup consists of walking on the bottom of the pool and the meet lasts until 10pm or later every night for a week. Personally, I'd attend our zones meet over nationals if nationals even hit 2500 routinely. Maybe better to compare participation rates in meets generally? Using the USMS events results database, about 29% of members participate in a pool-based meet; the number might rise another 10% or more if OW events were included (at least based on an analysis of the numbers here in VA). What is the participation rate in Canada?
  • Again, until we hit a 10,000 swimmer limit, we're not keeping up on a population basis with our northern neighbors if they can fill a 1,000 person National meet. It doesn't scale linearly. Especially after Italy a couple summers ago, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has zero interest in attending ultra-huge swim meets where warmup consists of walking on the bottom of the pool and the meet lasts until 10pm or later every night for a week. Personally, I'd attend our zones meet over nationals if nationals even hit 2500 routinely. Maybe better to compare participation rates in meets generally? Using the USMS events results database, about 29% of members participate in a pool-based meet; the number might rise another 10% or more if OW events were included (at least based on an analysis of the numbers here in VA). What is the participation rate in Canada?
Children
No Data