2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • The hardcore open-water types seem to have the biggest chips on their shoulders (Rodney Dangerfield style),...Hey, please don’t lump all open water swimmers in the same pond. There are OW sprinters (5K or less), mid-D types (5K-15K) and distance swimmers (25K and more). Here in the OW we have higher standards than you poolies. Also please note it is usually the OW sprinters who have the chip, but it is on their ankles. As for OW whiners, those are only our Ice-Milers who complain when the water gets over 5C. I believe Rob Copeland was at this meet and he swam two to a lane. I remember one of the international meets in Indianapolis, either the 1989 Pan Pacific meet or the 1992 World Meet that swimmers swam the 800 Free two to a lane. It was probably 1992, because I remember this being done in Long Course and not in Short Course.Yes, I remember swimming 2-per lane at LC Nationals, but I can’t recall which meet. It was optional with all the 2-per lanes going first and then the 1-per lanes. I don’t recall any issues with sharing.
  • The hardcore open-water types seem to have the biggest chips on their shoulders (Rodney Dangerfield style),...Hey, please don’t lump all open water swimmers in the same pond. There are OW sprinters (5K or less), mid-D types (5K-15K) and distance swimmers (25K and more). Here in the OW we have higher standards than you poolies. Also please note it is usually the OW sprinters who have the chip, but it is on their ankles. As for OW whiners, those are only our Ice-Milers who complain when the water gets over 5C. I believe Rob Copeland was at this meet and he swam two to a lane. I remember one of the international meets in Indianapolis, either the 1989 Pan Pacific meet or the 1992 World Meet that swimmers swam the 800 Free two to a lane. It was probably 1992, because I remember this being done in Long Course and not in Short Course.Yes, I remember swimming 2-per lane at LC Nationals, but I can’t recall which meet. It was optional with all the 2-per lanes going first and then the 1-per lanes. I don’t recall any issues with sharing.
Children
No Data