2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Other options include: For SCY Nationals, create a 5 day event, with a distance day on each end of the meet, one for the 1000 and one for the 1,650. For LCM, permanently move all Nationals to Stanford where we have two 10 lane 50 meter courses. (Please, Fresnoid, do not chime in and offer 100+ degree Clovis) For either course length, weather permitting, find a city like Mesa or Clovis where the distance day can be run in two pools with men in one pool and women in another, but offering both events (1000 and 1650) at each pool. I like the extra day option with the 1650 and 1000 at either end. If not, let people enter both, but put them on the same day like in 2009 and let those who are willing prove they are waaaaaay tougher than any sprinter. Clovis North is in Fresno, not Clovis. So is Clovis West, host for US Swimming LC Nationals in 1987 and 1998. What's the problem with coming here in the summer? You're in the water when you race so the air temp is irrelevant. We'll never be able to use Clovis North for a multiple day event again unless it is summer or spring break. The reason we were allowed to host 09 is the school only had freshmen and sophomores at that point and the district agreed that the facility could accommodate the traffic while school was in session.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Other options include: For SCY Nationals, create a 5 day event, with a distance day on each end of the meet, one for the 1000 and one for the 1,650. For LCM, permanently move all Nationals to Stanford where we have two 10 lane 50 meter courses. (Please, Fresnoid, do not chime in and offer 100+ degree Clovis) For either course length, weather permitting, find a city like Mesa or Clovis where the distance day can be run in two pools with men in one pool and women in another, but offering both events (1000 and 1650) at each pool. I like the extra day option with the 1650 and 1000 at either end. If not, let people enter both, but put them on the same day like in 2009 and let those who are willing prove they are waaaaaay tougher than any sprinter. Clovis North is in Fresno, not Clovis. So is Clovis West, host for US Swimming LC Nationals in 1987 and 1998. What's the problem with coming here in the summer? You're in the water when you race so the air temp is irrelevant. We'll never be able to use Clovis North for a multiple day event again unless it is summer or spring break. The reason we were allowed to host 09 is the school only had freshmen and sophomores at that point and the district agreed that the facility could accommodate the traffic while school was in session.
Children
No Data