2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • Add me to the list of people who would be willing to swim 2 per lane in a long course national meet if it allowed me to swim both the 1500 and 800! At Greensboro SC Nationals they allowed people to swim both 1000 and 1650. I did a quick analysis of the psych sheets and it looks like there were 395 people (combined men and women) who entered at least one distance event, and 78 (19.7%) who entered both. It seems likely to me that not EVERY person who entered both events would be happy with 2 per lane in order to do it, but for the sake of argument let's make that dubious assumption. That means that you are asking 80% of the distance swimmers who do NOT want to enter both events to double up their lanes for the sake of the 20% of the swimmers who want to do both. Is that a fair thing to ask of them? (One can argue that even those distance swimmers who would only swim one event would be willing to swim two-per-lane for the sake of their distance brethren who want to do both.) Of course if the distance events were on different days (like at Maryland, though that is a 5-day meet instead of the usual 4-day format) you might have a lot more than 20% of the people who would enter both events. But it isn't obvious to me that a majority would do so, some people are perfectly content with their 800/1000 split when they do the mile and might rather do other events to get more "bang for their buck."
  • Add me to the list of people who would be willing to swim 2 per lane in a long course national meet if it allowed me to swim both the 1500 and 800! At Greensboro SC Nationals they allowed people to swim both 1000 and 1650. I did a quick analysis of the psych sheets and it looks like there were 395 people (combined men and women) who entered at least one distance event, and 78 (19.7%) who entered both. It seems likely to me that not EVERY person who entered both events would be happy with 2 per lane in order to do it, but for the sake of argument let's make that dubious assumption. That means that you are asking 80% of the distance swimmers who do NOT want to enter both events to double up their lanes for the sake of the 20% of the swimmers who want to do both. Is that a fair thing to ask of them? (One can argue that even those distance swimmers who would only swim one event would be willing to swim two-per-lane for the sake of their distance brethren who want to do both.) Of course if the distance events were on different days (like at Maryland, though that is a 5-day meet instead of the usual 4-day format) you might have a lot more than 20% of the people who would enter both events. But it isn't obvious to me that a majority would do so, some people are perfectly content with their 800/1000 split when they do the mile and might rather do other events to get more "bang for their buck."
Children
No Data