2014 Canadian Nationals

According to the mymsc.ca website, the 2014 Canadian Nationals will be May 16-19 (Friday-Monday) in Windsor, Ontario, at the brand-new Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre, aka the Family Aquatic Complex. Windsor is about a half hour's drive from the Detroit airport. I've heard the meet is LCM, though I can't verify it. I also can't verify the event order! Which events on which days? Apparently it's not published yet? Is it known from experience? Does anyone know for sure or have a guess? Thanks.
Parents
  • I have a hard time believing that people would be happy with two-per-lane at a USMS national championship.I'll agree with you for short course, but, for long course, assuming I'd ever be in shape enough to swim both, I'd do it. I'm not sure about other USAS meets, but they do the two-swimmers per lane at the Northwest Sectional meet in Fort Hood for long course. It's not optimal, but it is efficient. Other options include: For SCY Nationals, create a 5 day event, with a distance day on each end of the meet, one for the 1000 and one for the 1,650. For LCM, permanently move all Nationals to Stanford where we have two 10 lane 50 meter courses. (Please, Fresnoid, do not chime in and offer 100+ degree Clovis) For either course length, weather permitting, find a city like Mesa or Clovis where the distance day can be run in two pools with men in one pool and women in another, but offering both events (1000 and 1650) at each pool. As for the Canadians, I think we should be shamed by their participation levels. We are getting our butts kicked by a people who have to de-ice their pools before every workout! We have 10x the number of people in our country and we struggle to get 2,000 people at our Nationals. They have a limit of 1,000 swimmers. Until we get to the 10,000 swimmer entry limit, I think we should just be saying, Go Canada!:canada:
  • I have a hard time believing that people would be happy with two-per-lane at a USMS national championship.I'll agree with you for short course, but, for long course, assuming I'd ever be in shape enough to swim both, I'd do it. I'm not sure about other USAS meets, but they do the two-swimmers per lane at the Northwest Sectional meet in Fort Hood for long course. It's not optimal, but it is efficient. Other options include: For SCY Nationals, create a 5 day event, with a distance day on each end of the meet, one for the 1000 and one for the 1,650. For LCM, permanently move all Nationals to Stanford where we have two 10 lane 50 meter courses. (Please, Fresnoid, do not chime in and offer 100+ degree Clovis) For either course length, weather permitting, find a city like Mesa or Clovis where the distance day can be run in two pools with men in one pool and women in another, but offering both events (1000 and 1650) at each pool. As for the Canadians, I think we should be shamed by their participation levels. We are getting our butts kicked by a people who have to de-ice their pools before every workout! We have 10x the number of people in our country and we struggle to get 2,000 people at our Nationals. They have a limit of 1,000 swimmers. Until we get to the 10,000 swimmer entry limit, I think we should just be saying, Go Canada!:canada:
Children
No Data