What would help to shave 0.14s on Saturday?

Former Member
Former Member
My kid is swimming 100 yd *** and 0.14s shy of A league time. Saturday meet is the last chance. What would you recommend?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thank you all for replying. My kid is a high school sophomore. It's not me who is pushing. She really wanted to get in the A league, but it was just 0.14 sec away. She made a lot of progress this season, but unfortunately didn't make it this time. I'm pretty sure she'll make it next time. For next time, focus on the process and not on the time. Using her best understanding, choose max 3 things that are most important to the overall swim, and keep these in mind during preparation (inc. warm up). Encourage her to have fun and forget about the time until it's done (or not).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thank you all for replying. My kid is a high school sophomore. It's not me who is pushing. She really wanted to get in the A league, but it was just 0.14 sec away. She made a lot of progress this season, but unfortunately didn't make it this time. I'm pretty sure she'll make it next time. For next time, focus on the process and not on the time. Using her best understanding, choose max 3 things that are most important to the overall swim, and keep these in mind during preparation (inc. warm up). Encourage her to have fun and forget about the time until it's done (or not).
Children
No Data