Best waterproof MP3 player?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, Searching around, Ive seen this is the biggest online forum for swimmers so I might as well ask here as I imagine most on here are experts.... Im looking to give as a gift in bit over a month a waterproof MP3 player. Now, she simply swims for exercise, not nothing professional or/and for competition. She will mostly use it in pool but I think it would be nice for it to be "ocean-ready" as well although this isnt a requirement. Size, Im not sure if it matters if it is 4GB or 8GB. Besides that, Im not sure what else information is needed to ask. Thank you all for your replies.
Parents
  • I love my Finis SwiMP3 player that family got me years ago. It took some getting around with iTunes (where most of my songs were located/uploaded/downloaded), but you can set it to automatically make an MP3 version (instead of iTunes' AAC version) when you add songs. Then it's just a matter of locating the song in your computer to transfer it to the SwiMP3 player. I've had my player for about 6 years and haven't had any issues, even the battery has lasted. Finis has had (in the past--I haven't checked recently) a deal where when your battery gets too old to charge, they'll replace your player at a discounted price. I haven't had to replace mine, though, so I don't know if the deal still stands. If you want to avoid the iTunes/MP3 hassle, though, the waterproofed iPod is a great alternative. (Created by a couple of college students who figured there had to be a way to seal an iPod for underwater use. Their idea consequently worked.) I've looked into getting one, but until my Finis one dies, I just can't justify the cost.
  • I love my Finis SwiMP3 player that family got me years ago. It took some getting around with iTunes (where most of my songs were located/uploaded/downloaded), but you can set it to automatically make an MP3 version (instead of iTunes' AAC version) when you add songs. Then it's just a matter of locating the song in your computer to transfer it to the SwiMP3 player. I've had my player for about 6 years and haven't had any issues, even the battery has lasted. Finis has had (in the past--I haven't checked recently) a deal where when your battery gets too old to charge, they'll replace your player at a discounted price. I haven't had to replace mine, though, so I don't know if the deal still stands. If you want to avoid the iTunes/MP3 hassle, though, the waterproofed iPod is a great alternative. (Created by a couple of college students who figured there had to be a way to seal an iPod for underwater use. Their idea consequently worked.) I've looked into getting one, but until my Finis one dies, I just can't justify the cost.
Children
No Data