Practice suits for men

Former Member
Former Member
So I have seen where a lot guys practice in water polo suits. From what I gather they hold up really well to a lot of use. Is this common?
Parents
  • At the pool I swim at, I'm probably the only person (out of 15 men I regularly see) using water polo suits, and maybe one of four that wears briefs. They are made of dual-ply PBT/polyester (generally), so they're pretty hardy, though I doubt that practically they're any more hardy than a PBT/poly single-ply brief (e.g., Speedo Endurance or Tyr Durafast) and you're less likely to get the polo suits on discount. So if your thinking of using a polo suit from a economics/frugality point of view, they may not pencil out. I use polo suits just because they tend to have more interesting patterns than regular swim briefs, they typically sit lower on the hips so you don't emphasize your love handles, and I don't like the feeling of jammers on my thighs. So basically I use them for no good reason other than I like them. Polo suits do seem popular with high school and college swimmers I see at open water events.
  • At the pool I swim at, I'm probably the only person (out of 15 men I regularly see) using water polo suits, and maybe one of four that wears briefs. They are made of dual-ply PBT/polyester (generally), so they're pretty hardy, though I doubt that practically they're any more hardy than a PBT/poly single-ply brief (e.g., Speedo Endurance or Tyr Durafast) and you're less likely to get the polo suits on discount. So if your thinking of using a polo suit from a economics/frugality point of view, they may not pencil out. I use polo suits just because they tend to have more interesting patterns than regular swim briefs, they typically sit lower on the hips so you don't emphasize your love handles, and I don't like the feeling of jammers on my thighs. So basically I use them for no good reason other than I like them. Polo suits do seem popular with high school and college swimmers I see at open water events.
Children
No Data