Masters Metres/Yards Memory 2014

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All I thought I would share an Excel spreadsheet that I have been using for the last few years to increase my motivation to getting out of my chair and off down to the pool. A couple of coaches I know have shared it with some success with their crews and they find much improved attendance!! and therefore improvements in competitions too. I have it working easily on my PCs with Dropbox and also on iPads and iPhones using a Dropbox/CloudOn combination. (let me know if you need a hand) Give it a go - just enter your distance swum each day and be prepared to be amazed! Tip: if you swim yards and metres (sorry I'm from the UK :)) then stick to one or the other when entering onto the spreadsheet if you are not to get confused. dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../Masters Metres Memory 2014 us.xlsx Please let me know if you meet a problem as this is an early version!! Best of luck with all your swimming challenges in 2014 and let me know how you get on with the spreadsheet too :) T
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Wow, this is very fancy! I too have a basic spreadsheet I've been using but this is great - plus I learn best when I reverse engineer things so this may improve my Excel-fu at work.
  • Former Member
    Well done smontanaro - could be very helpful for others trying with LibreOffice too. Go for it EKW : all I ask is that if anyone improves it they post the improvements and I can include them next year (or sooner maybe!). T
  • LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice. The latest version opens it just fine. Earlier versions do not, so I'm not surprised that OO doesn't open it. If your friend has the option, have him/her try LO.
  • Former Member
    Anyone using OpenOffice? Does it have a problem with the spreadsheet as I have a friend struggling to open the file at the moment. thanks T
  • Former Member
    LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice. The latest version opens it just fine. Earlier versions do not, so I'm not surprised that OO doesn't open it. If your friend has the option, have him/her try LO. I will pass that advice on - thanks T
  • :thewave: Totally awesome spreadsheet!!! Thanks for making this available. I have been using the USMS FLOG for years, and have another app I use on my smartphone and tablet that allows me to view my progress with graphs, but this is so much cooler!
  • Former Member
    :thewave: Totally awesome spreadsheet!!! Thanks for making this available. I have been using the USMS FLOG for years, and have another app I use on my smartphone and tablet that allows me to view my progress with graphs, but this is so much cooler! debaru - glad you are enjoying it!! even after 4 years of using it I still get a buzz from the colours. I must still be a big kid at heart! :D Good luck with your challenges this year too! T
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Hows everyone getting on with their targets this year? I have had to trim mine in August due to illness. But hope to get 600000metres! BTW the new version for Masters Meters/Memory 2015 will be out soon. I have renamed it Metres and Miles 2015 as yards, metres, miles can all be entered and it sorts the conversions out for you. This was prompted by many open water addicts needing miles and friends from Sarasota needing yards :)
  • I also plan to do 600,000m. At the moment 49000m left to complete till the end of the year which I think is quite doable if nothing extraordinary happens. I prefer to use my own solution for tracking mileage and workouts. Google sites and documents provide a good platform for that and work fine for that already for 5 years. From time to time I perform backup to local workstation. This solution is free and takes very little time to construct and maintain. I don't trust solutions which do not provide data backup to my local workstation because from my long experience in IT I know that servers stop working, sites become unavailable, companies become bankrupt and stop to operate, etc.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I also plan to do 600,000m. At the moment 49000m left to complete till the end of the year which I think is quite doable if nothing extraordinary happens. I prefer to use my own solution for tracking mileage and workouts. Google sites and documents provide a good platform for that and work fine for that already for 5 years. From time to time I perform backup to local workstation. This solution is free and takes very little time to construct and maintain. I don't trust solutions which do not provide data backup to my local workstation because from my long experience in IT I know that servers stop working, sites become unavailable, companies become bankrupt and stop to operate, etc. I agree Debugger, it's really important to have 'local' access to your data in case of problems such as those you list above. I am homing in on my target too. Just pool closures over Xmas and New Year to foil my plans (alright a bit of festive excesses might be a problem too!) http://metresandmiles.com Will let you follow my run in to the end of the year with my new design spreadsheet for next year!