FLOG 2013 Goal: Mission Accomplished and Some Thoughts

Today, 30 Nov., I achieved my 2013 goal of 450kms. That's 1 month ahead of schedule. :) Very pleased. I thought that I had chosen a moderately challenging goal, surpassing my 2012 goal (which was also achieved ahead of schedule). I definitely feel that I was more motivated having committed to a written goal. Having said that, I am thinking about 2014. Do I simply up the distance again? Or maybe it's time for a more qualitative goal. For example working on distance per stroke or my flip turns. I usually swim 5 mornings a week, 2000-2500 meters per session. Now I am thinking of maybe doing 1 longer session per week (3000m.), 2 moderate sessions (2500m.) and 2 shorter, skill focus sessions (1500m.) Any thought or suggestions would be welcomed.
Parents
  • Yes and yes. In fact, due to the mild climate, it's possible to swim in open water much of the year. Also every year Eilat is on the schedule of the FINA open water events and the European Championship was held there last year. Also TI has become very popular in Israel. I assume that if I go for an open water event,certain technique work (like turns) would become irrelevant?
  • Yes and yes. In fact, due to the mild climate, it's possible to swim in open water much of the year. Also every year Eilat is on the schedule of the FINA open water events and the European Championship was held there last year. Also TI has become very popular in Israel. I assume that if I go for an open water event,certain technique work (like turns) would become irrelevant?
Children
No Data