50/100 crowd: Yardage and workout details

Former Member
Former Member
As I continue to transition into the sprint pool events from open water/tri I wanted to open this up to see if any of you wouldn't mind sharing what kind of workout yardage you are swimming and the weekly totals. Also if you don't mind including some of the sets you do I'd be grateful. Simply curious to see if it jives with what our new Masters coach is handing down. Thanks much.
Parents
  • vo2, I'd encourage you to check out the blogs for Water Rat, The Fortress and chowmi for some different approaches to sprinting. I have no idea who your Masters coach is and certainly don't want to malign anyone, but, if I had to guess, I would imagine the workouts are NOT targeted towards the 50 and the 100. If you really want to get on the cutting edge, check out the various threads on Dr. Rushall's Ultra Short Race Pace Training (USRPT) here and/or go to www.swimswam.com and search on articles and videos on Michael Andrew's training approaches.
  • vo2, I'd encourage you to check out the blogs for Water Rat, The Fortress and chowmi for some different approaches to sprinting. I have no idea who your Masters coach is and certainly don't want to malign anyone, but, if I had to guess, I would imagine the workouts are NOT targeted towards the 50 and the 100. If you really want to get on the cutting edge, check out the various threads on Dr. Rushall's Ultra Short Race Pace Training (USRPT) here and/or go to www.swimswam.com and search on articles and videos on Michael Andrew's training approaches.
Children
No Data