I need to learn...

Former Member
Former Member
I've never been a swimmer but my interest in BUD/S requires that I not only swim, but be proficient at it. I can stay afloat and I can get from one end of a pool to another (not quickly). I usually swim like you see in the movies, where I sort of slap the water with my hands in front of me while moving my face left to right and vice versa. I don't know what that's called or if it's even an actual form of swimming, but that's what I do. I need to become very familiar with the sidestroke and breaststroke but I'm not really sure about who I should go to for help. I believe I need someone who swims to show me how it's done but I don't know how to go about asking or who I'd even ask. Also, I need to get my sidestroke to a minimum of 9:30 but preferably as low as possible... can you guys tell me how difficult that'd be for someone who is new to swimming (I have at least 8-12 months to learn and condition)?
Parents
  • I've never been a swimmer but my interest in BUD/S requires that I not only swim, but be proficient at it. I can stay afloat and I can get from one end of a pool to another (not quickly). I usually swim like you see in the movies, where I sort of slap the water with my hands in front of me while moving my face left to right and vice versa. I don't know what that's called or if it's even an actual form of swimming, but that's what I do. I need to become very familiar with the sidestroke and breaststroke but I'm not really sure about who I should go to for help. I believe I need someone who swims to show me how it's done but I don't know how to go about asking or who I'd even ask. Also, I need to get my sidestroke to a minimum of 9:30 but preferably as low as possible... can you guys tell me how difficult that'd be for someone who is new to swimming (I have at least 8-12 months to learn and condition)? Great ambition on your part. If available join a Masters team today.
  • I've never been a swimmer but my interest in BUD/S requires that I not only swim, but be proficient at it. I can stay afloat and I can get from one end of a pool to another (not quickly). I usually swim like you see in the movies, where I sort of slap the water with my hands in front of me while moving my face left to right and vice versa. I don't know what that's called or if it's even an actual form of swimming, but that's what I do. I need to become very familiar with the sidestroke and breaststroke but I'm not really sure about who I should go to for help. I believe I need someone who swims to show me how it's done but I don't know how to go about asking or who I'd even ask. Also, I need to get my sidestroke to a minimum of 9:30 but preferably as low as possible... can you guys tell me how difficult that'd be for someone who is new to swimming (I have at least 8-12 months to learn and condition)? Great ambition on your part. If available join a Masters team today.
Children
No Data