Butterfly with Breaststroke kick

Former Member
Former Member
I'll apologize in advance, but I'm a breaststroker and my butterfly sux. Looking for an opinion on rule 101.3.3. I'm doing the butterfly with a breaststroke kick, just like I did in 10 & unders. QUESTION 1: Is it legal to do one breaststroke kick in to the arm stroke, and then one dolphin kick out? QUESTION 2: As long as I'm complying with the 15m rule, can I do SL dolphin kicks off the start and walls, then one breaststroke kick into a pull which pops me to the surface. Again, I'm an old breaststroker looking for a loop hole in the rules.
Parents
  • The way I swim butterfrog is dive dolphin,dolphin,BR kick,dolphin,surface with first pull and BR kick,dolphin after every stroke.Off the walls I always do the BR kick,but the number of dolphin kicks is dependent on my need for oxygen.I'll do butterfrog for the whole way in a 200 fly,or for the BR leg of a 400 IM.My regular fly is faster than my butterfrog for about 60 yd,so I go about that far in a 100 fly regular and then switch.(Yes I can swim 100 fly,or 200 fly regular and legal,just not as fast.) If your BR is good and your BK is lousy like mine,here is another trick.On BK I swim BR underwater on my back for as close to the legal 15M as my lungs will allow.
  • The way I swim butterfrog is dive dolphin,dolphin,BR kick,dolphin,surface with first pull and BR kick,dolphin after every stroke.Off the walls I always do the BR kick,but the number of dolphin kicks is dependent on my need for oxygen.I'll do butterfrog for the whole way in a 200 fly,or for the BR leg of a 400 IM.My regular fly is faster than my butterfrog for about 60 yd,so I go about that far in a 100 fly regular and then switch.(Yes I can swim 100 fly,or 200 fly regular and legal,just not as fast.) If your BR is good and your BK is lousy like mine,here is another trick.On BK I swim BR underwater on my back for as close to the legal 15M as my lungs will allow.
Children
No Data