Butterfly with Breaststroke kick

Former Member
Former Member
I'll apologize in advance, but I'm a breaststroker and my butterfly sux. Looking for an opinion on rule 101.3.3. I'm doing the butterfly with a breaststroke kick, just like I did in 10 & unders. QUESTION 1: Is it legal to do one breaststroke kick in to the arm stroke, and then one dolphin kick out? QUESTION 2: As long as I'm complying with the 15m rule, can I do SL dolphin kicks off the start and walls, then one breaststroke kick into a pull which pops me to the surface. Again, I'm an old breaststroker looking for a loop hole in the rules.
Parents
  • Why is it legal to do "arm pull, dolphin kick, breastroke kick, dolpin kick" but illegal to do "arm pull, breastroke kick, dolphin kick, breastroke kick" There is only 1 arm pull in either way?The first is legal because there was only 1 breaststroke kick with the 1 arm pull and the second is illegal because there are 2 breaststroke kicks with the 1 arm pull. It’s the number of breaststroke kicks per arm pull not the number of arm pulls per breaststroke kick that determine a legal butterfly stroke. It is legal to dolphin kick the entire length of the pool without any arm pulls, provided you remain on the surface at and past the 15 Meter line. You can even throw in one and only one breaststroke kick anywhere along the way and still be legal.
  • Why is it legal to do "arm pull, dolphin kick, breastroke kick, dolpin kick" but illegal to do "arm pull, breastroke kick, dolphin kick, breastroke kick" There is only 1 arm pull in either way?The first is legal because there was only 1 breaststroke kick with the 1 arm pull and the second is illegal because there are 2 breaststroke kicks with the 1 arm pull. It’s the number of breaststroke kicks per arm pull not the number of arm pulls per breaststroke kick that determine a legal butterfly stroke. It is legal to dolphin kick the entire length of the pool without any arm pulls, provided you remain on the surface at and past the 15 Meter line. You can even throw in one and only one breaststroke kick anywhere along the way and still be legal.
Children
No Data