Very Inexpensive Chlorine Remover

There is a product on the market to remove chlorine from hair and skin (Swim Spray) that costs $12.95 for a 4oz bottle, on their website. If you look at the ingredients of Swim Spray, there are only two: Water and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). After doing a few minutes of research online, I learned that I could make my own spray by adding 1tsp. of Vitamin C crystals to a pint spray bottle of water. I just purchased a bottle of Vitamin C crystals from Trader Joe's for $11.99. I am going to use my empty 2oz. free sample of Swim Spray to refill it with my own mix for a cost of about $0.13 per bottle (there are 908- 1/8 teaspoons in the bottle of crystals)! $0.13 vs $6.50 for 2 ounces of Swim Spray. That gives you an idea of how much $ goes into packaging, marketing, salaries, and all of the other overhead expenses to bring a product to market. :afraid: By the way, if you there is not a Trader Joe's near you, Vitamin C crystals can be purchased online. Just use an empty travel size hairspray bottle, mix up a batch, and throw the bottle in your swim bag. After your swim, briefly rinse off in the shower, spray your hair and skin, wait a few seconds, then rinse. Now you can use your shampoo and body wash or soap as usual. Edit: I previously typed in 1/4 tsp., rather than 1tsp. (in bold). Sorry for the mistake!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi everyone, can you please comment on smontanaro's question about just dumping some ascorbic acid crystals into shampoo? I think that might work well for my kids -- one fewer step to do in the shower. Thanks.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi everyone, can you please comment on smontanaro's question about just dumping some ascorbic acid crystals into shampoo? I think that might work well for my kids -- one fewer step to do in the shower. Thanks.
Children
No Data