Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • Was that with jersey barriers? I've heard of them being used in other pools that are too long. Specifically in some of the older 35 yard pools on some military installations that I mentioned previously. They placed the barriers so they'd be right at 25 meters and then that leaves 25 feet or so for a play area for the kiddies. Dan I don't think so, but similar perhaps. This pool in the spa/gym area where only adults allowed. The other side of the wall did seem to be for just sitting, and it was largely decorative.
  • Was that with jersey barriers? I've heard of them being used in other pools that are too long. Specifically in some of the older 35 yard pools on some military installations that I mentioned previously. They placed the barriers so they'd be right at 25 meters and then that leaves 25 feet or so for a play area for the kiddies. Dan I don't think so, but similar perhaps. This pool in the spa/gym area where only adults allowed. The other side of the wall did seem to be for just sitting, and it was largely decorative.
Children
No Data