Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • This, along with the other current threads regarding lap vs. length, and pool length, reminded me of something I've often tried to get them to do at my pool (especially in the winter) -- maybe once a week take out the lane lines and make an actual lap circuit. When I was a kid my coach liked to do this once in a while. He'd tell us how many laps we'd need to do and then it was a race, every man for himself. We called it "Indy 500." It did get a little physical at times. :)
  • This, along with the other current threads regarding lap vs. length, and pool length, reminded me of something I've often tried to get them to do at my pool (especially in the winter) -- maybe once a week take out the lane lines and make an actual lap circuit. When I was a kid my coach liked to do this once in a while. He'd tell us how many laps we'd need to do and then it was a race, every man for himself. We called it "Indy 500." It did get a little physical at times. :)
Children
No Data