Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • Just got back from an overnight business trip to Las Vegas. The spa pool (not the recreational) was marked with two lanes on bottom but no crosses at the walls nor lane lines, and the pool was one stroke short (my stroke count very consistent at 14/25 yds). Nope. Not a 20 yard pool. With no pace clock, I estimated time and work out distances as best I could. Oddly, the distance marked at one end by a tall decorative cement barrier that segmented the pool from a smaller shallow end for reclining. Move that wall a 4 feet or so, and it's a regulation pool. But, hey, the towels were big and fluffy.
  • Just got back from an overnight business trip to Las Vegas. The spa pool (not the recreational) was marked with two lanes on bottom but no crosses at the walls nor lane lines, and the pool was one stroke short (my stroke count very consistent at 14/25 yds). Nope. Not a 20 yard pool. With no pace clock, I estimated time and work out distances as best I could. Oddly, the distance marked at one end by a tall decorative cement barrier that segmented the pool from a smaller shallow end for reclining. Move that wall a 4 feet or so, and it's a regulation pool. But, hey, the towels were big and fluffy.
Children
No Data