Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    The pool my morning youth swimmers practice at is 27 yards. I believe it was built about 30-40 years ago. Not sure if it was intentionally built to be 27 yards to discourage competition, or if that's just what it ended up being. It's next door to a high school, so while it's the high school's home pool, they don't do any meets at it. I've swum there a few times on my own and it's odd. The flags seem to be somewhere between 5y and 5m from the walls, so my back turns are kinda funky. 27 yards is 24.7m so it might be or have intended to be a 25m pool.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    The pool my morning youth swimmers practice at is 27 yards. I believe it was built about 30-40 years ago. Not sure if it was intentionally built to be 27 yards to discourage competition, or if that's just what it ended up being. It's next door to a high school, so while it's the high school's home pool, they don't do any meets at it. I've swum there a few times on my own and it's odd. The flags seem to be somewhere between 5y and 5m from the walls, so my back turns are kinda funky. 27 yards is 24.7m so it might be or have intended to be a 25m pool.
Children
No Data