Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • It's been many, many years ago, but I was a lifeguard at UCLA in the mid-70s, both at the Rec Center pool & at the pools adjoining the mens' and womens' gyms, apparently now called the Student Activities Center and Kaufman Hall, respectively. I have this vague notion that one of those gym pools was a non-standard length, perhaps 33yds? Looks the pools or their successors are still there. 7273 Are there any other old codgers who swam at those pools BITD who remember how long they were?
  • It's been many, many years ago, but I was a lifeguard at UCLA in the mid-70s, both at the Rec Center pool & at the pools adjoining the mens' and womens' gyms, apparently now called the Student Activities Center and Kaufman Hall, respectively. I have this vague notion that one of those gym pools was a non-standard length, perhaps 33yds? Looks the pools or their successors are still there. 7273 Are there any other old codgers who swam at those pools BITD who remember how long they were?
Children
No Data