Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • I ran into one of the pool supervisors who manages this odd length pool, at a different pool this evening. She told me back in the 1950's and 1960's they built some odd pools to discourage competition, and competitive swimming. There's a chain health club near where I live, Lifetime Fitness. My understanding is that their pool was built short on purpose, precisely to make sure it's never considered as a pool in which to hold meets. Might be an insurance thing, or maybe to keep some smart aleck member from ever trying to get management to hold a meet there.
  • I ran into one of the pool supervisors who manages this odd length pool, at a different pool this evening. She told me back in the 1950's and 1960's they built some odd pools to discourage competition, and competitive swimming. There's a chain health club near where I live, Lifetime Fitness. My understanding is that their pool was built short on purpose, precisely to make sure it's never considered as a pool in which to hold meets. Might be an insurance thing, or maybe to keep some smart aleck member from ever trying to get management to hold a meet there.
Children
No Data