Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • I ran into one of the pool supervisors who manages this odd length pool, at a different pool this evening. She told me back in the 1950's and 1960's they built some odd pools to discourage competition, and competitive swimming. That the pools were designed for recreational swimming. I told here they are missing out on incoming funds from having a USA-Swimming team and/or a Masters Swimming team. She told me that back in the day they have a different mindset. That would probably not happen today. She also mentioned there is another pool in the area that I have not been to that is 40 meters in length. I'll have to check that one out and report back.
  • I ran into one of the pool supervisors who manages this odd length pool, at a different pool this evening. She told me back in the 1950's and 1960's they built some odd pools to discourage competition, and competitive swimming. That the pools were designed for recreational swimming. I told here they are missing out on incoming funds from having a USA-Swimming team and/or a Masters Swimming team. She told me that back in the day they have a different mindset. That would probably not happen today. She also mentioned there is another pool in the area that I have not been to that is 40 meters in length. I'll have to check that one out and report back.
Children
No Data