Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • In the early- to mid-20th century in the US, 100 feet was a pretty common pool length. A lot of WPA pools were 100 feet, for instance. (Some were much, much larger.) I swam in several old pools in England that were 100 feet, including the one in my avatar, where I performed in a Sondheim musical as shown. In the 50's and 60's lots of YMCA/YWCA pools were 20 yds., at least in OH There were several in our YMCA league in South Central PA, Reading, Coatesville, and maybe another that I can't remember. U of Maryland's old pool was also 20 yards, I believe, or there was at least one school in that area that Maryland swam against that had one.
  • In the early- to mid-20th century in the US, 100 feet was a pretty common pool length. A lot of WPA pools were 100 feet, for instance. (Some were much, much larger.) I swam in several old pools in England that were 100 feet, including the one in my avatar, where I performed in a Sondheim musical as shown. In the 50's and 60's lots of YMCA/YWCA pools were 20 yds., at least in OH There were several in our YMCA league in South Central PA, Reading, Coatesville, and maybe another that I can't remember. U of Maryland's old pool was also 20 yards, I believe, or there was at least one school in that area that Maryland swam against that had one.
Children
No Data