Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • The pool I swim in (only public indoor pool available) is 30m long. It's an L-shaped pool and if you swim toward the diving boards, it's 25y. But for lap/cardio swim times, they have us swimming the 30m length. They used to have blocks at the end of that length as well. They have a moveable bulkhead that sometimes is used to shorten it to 25m when they are doing swim lessons in the shallow end. It's an ok pool and it does make workouts require a little extra math (for us it's pretty easy though, # of laps x 10 extra meters added to the work out total). One thing I do like about it is it makes swimming SCY a little faster/easier, and it gives me a little transition practice before LCM in the summer.
  • The pool I swim in (only public indoor pool available) is 30m long. It's an L-shaped pool and if you swim toward the diving boards, it's 25y. But for lap/cardio swim times, they have us swimming the 30m length. They used to have blocks at the end of that length as well. They have a moveable bulkhead that sometimes is used to shorten it to 25m when they are doing swim lessons in the shallow end. It's an ok pool and it does make workouts require a little extra math (for us it's pretty easy though, # of laps x 10 extra meters added to the work out total). One thing I do like about it is it makes swimming SCY a little faster/easier, and it gives me a little transition practice before LCM in the summer.
Children
No Data