Pool Length

Yesterday I swam in a pool I had never been to before. The pool is 30.5 meters (33.3 yards) long X 20 yards wide. Starting blocks were on the 20 yards. Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Would you change your workout to accommodate this unusual distance? My normal 4000 meter workout, turned into 4880 meters. I would like to continue to use this pool,however I will have to put in some serious thinking into my workouts.
Parents
  • Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Maybe they wanted to make sure it could never be used for competition purposes. Sounds silly, but that may be the reason. Of course the fact there are blocks installed runs counter to this notion. It's sort of goofy, but maybe that's what they had room for. The nice thing about a pool like this is you can put a bulkhead in and accommodate a 25 yard or 25 meter course, plus a small separate area for warmups or even diving. It's certainly more flexible than a 25 yard pool.
  • Why would a pool be built at 30.5 meters? Maybe they wanted to make sure it could never be used for competition purposes. Sounds silly, but that may be the reason. Of course the fact there are blocks installed runs counter to this notion. It's sort of goofy, but maybe that's what they had room for. The nice thing about a pool like this is you can put a bulkhead in and accommodate a 25 yard or 25 meter course, plus a small separate area for warmups or even diving. It's certainly more flexible than a 25 yard pool.
Children
No Data