People who are already over 100 and 200 miles for the year?!

Hi! I joined the USMS FLOG (love the acronym...) at the end of January. I am excited about the prizes for various milestones! However, I noticed some people are already at 100 or 200 miles for the year. Holy moly! I thought I swam a lot! Are any of these people reading? Why such high yardage? How do you structure your week? Singles, doubles? Intrigued. Allison
  • 5 to 10 miles per day ???? holy bat man !!!! My shoulders hurt just typing it !!!!!
  • I finally hit 100 miles for the year in this morning's workout. The log says there are two swimmers at 400 miles for the year. Ummm.
  • 5 to 10 miles per day ???? holy bat man !!!! My shoulders hurt just typing it !!!!! Same here! If I get 2 miles in a day, it's a good day for me.
  • Been considering keeping tract of 50 race pace milage (@ 4.154 mph). Goal should be around 15 miles a year
  • About when does one receive prizes in the mail? I hit 50 miles last month and am expecting a cap to arrive sometime. I'm super excited, as this is sort of the adult version of a cereal box toy!!!
  • About when does one receive prizes in the mail? I hit 50 miles last month and am expecting a cap to arrive sometime. I'm super excited, as this is sort of the adult version of a cereal box toy!!! :D Yeah, they are kind of cool! I am currently wearing my 50 mile cap from last year. It's turning beige and the "50 miles" is wearing off, but it makes me smile every time I put it on. I'll wear it until it rips! :banana: Don't expect lightning speed on the delivery of your prizes. But, they will show up one day and put a :D on your face! By the way, I am at 96 miles, so my cap should be arriving sometime in the not-too-distant future, as well.
  • About when does one receive prizes in the mail? I hit 50 miles last month and am expecting a cap to arrive sometime. I'm super excited, as this is sort of the adult version of a cereal box toy!!! They are cool... love prizes! It might take a while to process, but it will show up, like Elaine says. At the end of the year take a big permanent marker to it, cross out the 50, and put your total for the year. You'll earn another one next year and be able to start all over again.
  • I am doing theGTD and currently have 111 miles logged in. I swim 3,000-4,500 on the weekdaysand 5,000 on the weekends. I usually make it to the pool 5-6 times a week andsometime all 7 days depending on how my work days are going. Once or twice aweek I will do a double. It takes discipline and commitment. I work full-itme as a pediatric nurse practitioner in a clinic.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I'm super excited too! This is the first time I've participated, and I hit my 50 milestone last month. Looking forward to the next one.