Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • ...so Lucky Me had another chance to swim in the City of Commerce (Brenda Villa Aquatic Center) (BVAC) this past Friday. Water still at exactly 80F. I tried the sauna this time. Nice and toasty. Not too hot, but hot enough. Could comfortably sit about 8-10 guys, with some standing room. Will presume the women's sauna is the same size. Showers were lukewarm after my swim, but heated up halfway through my shower. Was not sure what happened here as it was very early in the day and not a lot of swimmers for the 6am lap swim workout. No construction detours this trip up the 710 freeway. Hooray! I found out first hand that Competitive Aquatic Supply (CAS) will not have a booth/tent at the swim meet. I did find out that my friends at Swim Depot (Laguna Hills, CA) will have a booth/tent at the swim meet. Don't try looking for a website for Swim Depot, its a little Mom & Pop swim store without an internet presence. A very nice Asian couple (Jean & Steve Fujimoto) who have GREAT deals on swim suits, swim gear, etc. Love these people. I purchased a couple of swim briefs from them earlier this year at the BVAC for $12.00 each. I forgot if they were Nike or Speedo, I was just happy with the price!, plus the cool prints. I will keep an eye out on the weather forecast for everyone. Hoping for good weather for the out of town participants. Almost forgot - if you are limited on transportation check out the City of Commerce website for their public transportation to/from the pool via their city busses. Cost for public busses $0.00. Three or four bus routes serve the the BVAC, and the Citadal/Double Tree hotel area.
  • ...so Lucky Me had another chance to swim in the City of Commerce (Brenda Villa Aquatic Center) (BVAC) this past Friday. Water still at exactly 80F. I tried the sauna this time. Nice and toasty. Not too hot, but hot enough. Could comfortably sit about 8-10 guys, with some standing room. Will presume the women's sauna is the same size. Showers were lukewarm after my swim, but heated up halfway through my shower. Was not sure what happened here as it was very early in the day and not a lot of swimmers for the 6am lap swim workout. No construction detours this trip up the 710 freeway. Hooray! I found out first hand that Competitive Aquatic Supply (CAS) will not have a booth/tent at the swim meet. I did find out that my friends at Swim Depot (Laguna Hills, CA) will have a booth/tent at the swim meet. Don't try looking for a website for Swim Depot, its a little Mom & Pop swim store without an internet presence. A very nice Asian couple (Jean & Steve Fujimoto) who have GREAT deals on swim suits, swim gear, etc. Love these people. I purchased a couple of swim briefs from them earlier this year at the BVAC for $12.00 each. I forgot if they were Nike or Speedo, I was just happy with the price!, plus the cool prints. I will keep an eye out on the weather forecast for everyone. Hoping for good weather for the out of town participants. Almost forgot - if you are limited on transportation check out the City of Commerce website for their public transportation to/from the pool via their city busses. Cost for public busses $0.00. Three or four bus routes serve the the BVAC, and the Citadal/Double Tree hotel area.
Children
No Data