Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Awesome, finally made it into the pool this morning for the 6:00 am public lap swimming session in the City of Commerce. The water was exactly 80F, and the water quality was excellent. The Lifeguards told me the water is usually in the 79F-80F range. There was a chilly breeze this morning, but you could not tell once you entered the facility. Until someone left a door oen but it was quickly closed by another patron. The Lifeguards I spoke with told me the facility is designed for swimmers. Once your out of the pool you are not cold. If your just sitting on deck then you will probably be very warm. I felt the water pressure in the showers was somewhere between medium and week, but it did the job after my swim. The Lifeguards also told me that the SCM meet will be the first Masters meet to be held at this facility. The outside of the building now has two signs that say "Brenda Villa Aquatic Center". The signs were not up last time I visited the facility trying to get a swim workout. Will try for another workout at the facility in the next week before the SCM meet. Even though I lived in the area many years ago I got turned around this morning due to construction on the 710 northbound freeway. Please plan accordingly if you are using the 710 freeway northbound to the Bandini/Atlantic exit.
  • Awesome, finally made it into the pool this morning for the 6:00 am public lap swimming session in the City of Commerce. The water was exactly 80F, and the water quality was excellent. The Lifeguards told me the water is usually in the 79F-80F range. There was a chilly breeze this morning, but you could not tell once you entered the facility. Until someone left a door oen but it was quickly closed by another patron. The Lifeguards I spoke with told me the facility is designed for swimmers. Once your out of the pool you are not cold. If your just sitting on deck then you will probably be very warm. I felt the water pressure in the showers was somewhere between medium and week, but it did the job after my swim. The Lifeguards also told me that the SCM meet will be the first Masters meet to be held at this facility. The outside of the building now has two signs that say "Brenda Villa Aquatic Center". The signs were not up last time I visited the facility trying to get a swim workout. Will try for another workout at the facility in the next week before the SCM meet. Even though I lived in the area many years ago I got turned around this morning due to construction on the 710 northbound freeway. Please plan accordingly if you are using the 710 freeway northbound to the Bandini/Atlantic exit.
Children
No Data