Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • ....so I have not swum at the little outdoor Belmont Pool for the last three weeks. Shame on me. I have been swimming in a few other pools, which I guess is OK since I am still able to swim somewhere. I went to the Belmont Pool on Saturday to get a first hand look at the progress on the above ground pool. The lining is completed. The decking, and ramp, is finished, however, there is a lot of work under the deck that still has to be completed. Also, aside from the deck they still have to complete, or bring in, the temporary bathrooms, showers, and Lifeguard office. My personal opinion, the above ground pool will not be ready for swimmers until December. I was informed, off the record, the Department of Public Works, for Long Beach, would give provide an announcement when the above ground pool would be open. I'll monitor the Department of Public Works website going forward. A lot of local swimmers are getting anxious to swim in the new, temporary, pool. Will keep all of you informed as best I can. Regards,
  • ....so I have not swum at the little outdoor Belmont Pool for the last three weeks. Shame on me. I have been swimming in a few other pools, which I guess is OK since I am still able to swim somewhere. I went to the Belmont Pool on Saturday to get a first hand look at the progress on the above ground pool. The lining is completed. The decking, and ramp, is finished, however, there is a lot of work under the deck that still has to be completed. Also, aside from the deck they still have to complete, or bring in, the temporary bathrooms, showers, and Lifeguard office. My personal opinion, the above ground pool will not be ready for swimmers until December. I was informed, off the record, the Department of Public Works, for Long Beach, would give provide an announcement when the above ground pool would be open. I'll monitor the Department of Public Works website going forward. A lot of local swimmers are getting anxious to swim in the new, temporary, pool. Will keep all of you informed as best I can. Regards,
Children
No Data