Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • The main entrance at Bennett and Ocean is now completely closed. The construction crew has begun taking out the parking meters and ripping out the little walkways where the parking meters are placed. I was told that portion of the parking lot will be leveled and and new (level) layer of asphalt will be placed there for the above ground pool. I was also told, last night, that the above ground pool will be 50 meters long X 25 meters wide. The area is larger than anticipated because the deck will hold some type of bleacher seating. The Staff at Belmont told me that they do anticipate hosting some competitions in the above ground pool. They are not sure just yet what competitions, but that there is something in the works. Probably USA Swimming, and local High School Water Polo.
  • The main entrance at Bennett and Ocean is now completely closed. The construction crew has begun taking out the parking meters and ripping out the little walkways where the parking meters are placed. I was told that portion of the parking lot will be leveled and and new (level) layer of asphalt will be placed there for the above ground pool. I was also told, last night, that the above ground pool will be 50 meters long X 25 meters wide. The area is larger than anticipated because the deck will hold some type of bleacher seating. The Staff at Belmont told me that they do anticipate hosting some competitions in the above ground pool. They are not sure just yet what competitions, but that there is something in the works. Probably USA Swimming, and local High School Water Polo.
Children
No Data