Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • There are a number of us who are concerned about the fate of La Palapa. The City is having one-on-one discussions with them. I do not see room for them in the design for the new facility, and given the new facility will have three indoor pools (therapeutic pool, competition pool, diving pool) I don't see La Palapa surviving the renovation. I'll keep an eye on their fate and try to keep everyone informed. I believe after the above ground pool is in place we should have a real good idea of the fate of La Palapa. Since that will be the beginning of the end for the current facility. I don't know if you notice that Yankee Doodles is now closed. About one or two months ago. Not entirely sure what happened there. I worked there ages ago. Some of us would go there after workouts or after evening swims.
  • There are a number of us who are concerned about the fate of La Palapa. The City is having one-on-one discussions with them. I do not see room for them in the design for the new facility, and given the new facility will have three indoor pools (therapeutic pool, competition pool, diving pool) I don't see La Palapa surviving the renovation. I'll keep an eye on their fate and try to keep everyone informed. I believe after the above ground pool is in place we should have a real good idea of the fate of La Palapa. Since that will be the beginning of the end for the current facility. I don't know if you notice that Yankee Doodles is now closed. About one or two months ago. Not entirely sure what happened there. I worked there ages ago. Some of us would go there after workouts or after evening swims.
Children
No Data