Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Starting today 08/14/13 - the process of bringing forth the above ground 50 meter pool begins. I spoke with the Lifeguards and their best guesstimate is that the above ground pool will be ready for swimmers around Halloween. The area in the attached map is larger than I thought it would be. The entrance to the parking lot will now be south the the main entrance, drive south to Granada Ave. What I did not consider was they would also have to construct a fence around the above ground pool to keep people out overnight. I am also guessing they may have to hire a security guard too. Anyway, thanks to the Lifeguards for providing the map to me so I could post here for all of the Belmont pool fans. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them, or get the answer for you. 7845
  • Starting today 08/14/13 - the process of bringing forth the above ground 50 meter pool begins. I spoke with the Lifeguards and their best guesstimate is that the above ground pool will be ready for swimmers around Halloween. The area in the attached map is larger than I thought it would be. The entrance to the parking lot will now be south the the main entrance, drive south to Granada Ave. What I did not consider was they would also have to construct a fence around the above ground pool to keep people out overnight. I am also guessing they may have to hire a security guard too. Anyway, thanks to the Lifeguards for providing the map to me so I could post here for all of the Belmont pool fans. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them, or get the answer for you. 7845
Children
No Data