Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Regarding the December "Long Beach" (indoor) SCM meet. Looks like this got snuck onto the swim meet calendar without anyone noticing. www.spmasterswim.org/.../ www.ci.commerce.ca.us/index.aspx. slipshodphotog.com/.../brenda-villa-aquatics-center-on-flickr I've been trying to swim at this pool, but they have crummy hours for your average public, drop in, swimmer. I'll have to make extra effort now that this pool is a confirmed location. Lucky me, I have relatives less than a mile or two from this pool. Hopefully I can stay with them during the meet and not drive back and forth from Long Beach to Commerce. Splish is only a couple of blocks away from here too. Hopefully they can be the vendor of choice for the swim meet. That would be fun. Wait, there are people living in Commerce?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    Regarding the December "Long Beach" (indoor) SCM meet. Looks like this got snuck onto the swim meet calendar without anyone noticing. www.spmasterswim.org/.../ www.ci.commerce.ca.us/index.aspx. slipshodphotog.com/.../brenda-villa-aquatics-center-on-flickr I've been trying to swim at this pool, but they have crummy hours for your average public, drop in, swimmer. I'll have to make extra effort now that this pool is a confirmed location. Lucky me, I have relatives less than a mile or two from this pool. Hopefully I can stay with them during the meet and not drive back and forth from Long Beach to Commerce. Splish is only a couple of blocks away from here too. Hopefully they can be the vendor of choice for the swim meet. That would be fun. Wait, there are people living in Commerce?
Children
No Data