Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • The Community Meeting this evening was great. Small only about 20-30 people. It was the Belmont Heights Community Association. Featured speaker was Eric Lopez of the Program Manger for the Tidelands. Points I brought up. What will happen to the murals inside the current building? Too soon to tell. Nothing planned at this time. Can the City place astro turf between the current outdoor pool and the soon-to-be-built outdoor pool and the current building, so that we do not have to walk on the beat up concrete? Yes they are planning on improving upon this situation When can the community have input regarding the electrical systems? While planning is being completed, and before plans go to the Coastal Commission. (I want to have my input added regarding the Timing/Score Board, Audio, and Visual. I have only been swimming four years, the best Timing/Score Board is at UCLA at the Spieker Aquatic Center. I would like to see something like that at Belmont. Need vast improvement for Audio and Visual. No offense to the Colorado Scoreboard, but with current technology we can do better. I will do my research and see what is out there and contribute to Mr. Lopez. He is open to suggestions. Nice!) The Belmont Heights Community Association is supportive of the Belmont Pool project. They wish to stay involved in this process as it moves forward. There were a lot of swimmers in this audience. Nice that they are (were) using the pool. Regards,
  • The Community Meeting this evening was great. Small only about 20-30 people. It was the Belmont Heights Community Association. Featured speaker was Eric Lopez of the Program Manger for the Tidelands. Points I brought up. What will happen to the murals inside the current building? Too soon to tell. Nothing planned at this time. Can the City place astro turf between the current outdoor pool and the soon-to-be-built outdoor pool and the current building, so that we do not have to walk on the beat up concrete? Yes they are planning on improving upon this situation When can the community have input regarding the electrical systems? While planning is being completed, and before plans go to the Coastal Commission. (I want to have my input added regarding the Timing/Score Board, Audio, and Visual. I have only been swimming four years, the best Timing/Score Board is at UCLA at the Spieker Aquatic Center. I would like to see something like that at Belmont. Need vast improvement for Audio and Visual. No offense to the Colorado Scoreboard, but with current technology we can do better. I will do my research and see what is out there and contribute to Mr. Lopez. He is open to suggestions. Nice!) The Belmont Heights Community Association is supportive of the Belmont Pool project. They wish to stay involved in this process as it moves forward. There were a lot of swimmers in this audience. Nice that they are (were) using the pool. Regards,
Children
No Data