Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I can tell you, an outdoor swim meet in December in Long Beach would not be a bad thing. I beg to differ. While swimming a dual meet at Long Beach State in December of 1987, it was so cold we had to break the ice off of the blocks during warm-ups. We stayed at the small Best Western across the street from the Belmont Pool. I have pictures of my friends and I hanging out on the large deck facing the ocean. Tennessee won the NCAA in 1978 in that pool. Many a Vol would hate to see it go.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 11 years ago
    I can tell you, an outdoor swim meet in December in Long Beach would not be a bad thing. I beg to differ. While swimming a dual meet at Long Beach State in December of 1987, it was so cold we had to break the ice off of the blocks during warm-ups. We stayed at the small Best Western across the street from the Belmont Pool. I have pictures of my friends and I hanging out on the large deck facing the ocean. Tennessee won the NCAA in 1978 in that pool. Many a Vol would hate to see it go.
Children
No Data