Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Link again to City Council website. Refer to PDF named 021213-R-8 Presentation.pdf. Presented this evening by Ms. Suzanne Frick Assistant City Manager. Thank you Suzanne nice job on listening to us last week at the Community Meeting. Note the revised conceptual plans for the pools. longbeach.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx All I can say is WOW. The City Council listened. There was an additional slide presented by the Councilmen Gary DeLong and Patrick O'Donnell. The DeLong/O'Donnell Alternative, which maintains competition swimming indoors, as well as a diving well, and platform diving. Hooray! I will try to obtain a copy of the DeLong/O'Donnell Alternative and post here. They are going to try to fast track an outdoor 50 Meter Myrtha pool to be open by summer. Key words: "Premier Facility", "World Class" "Crown Jewel of the West Coast" Commentary is appreciated as there will be additional community input as this progresses. Entitlement Phase is next. Expected to take 1 year. Regards,
  • Link again to City Council website. Refer to PDF named 021213-R-8 Presentation.pdf. Presented this evening by Ms. Suzanne Frick Assistant City Manager. Thank you Suzanne nice job on listening to us last week at the Community Meeting. Note the revised conceptual plans for the pools. longbeach.legistar.com/LegislationDetail.aspx All I can say is WOW. The City Council listened. There was an additional slide presented by the Councilmen Gary DeLong and Patrick O'Donnell. The DeLong/O'Donnell Alternative, which maintains competition swimming indoors, as well as a diving well, and platform diving. Hooray! I will try to obtain a copy of the DeLong/O'Donnell Alternative and post here. They are going to try to fast track an outdoor 50 Meter Myrtha pool to be open by summer. Key words: "Premier Facility", "World Class" "Crown Jewel of the West Coast" Commentary is appreciated as there will be additional community input as this progresses. Entitlement Phase is next. Expected to take 1 year. Regards,
Children
No Data