Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • I saw a draft from City Staff to the City Council for next weeks City Council meeting. Highlights: - replace the existing roof and reinforce the pillars, install new roof; - during construction place outdoor pool in the parking lot; - two 50 meter pools side by side one indoor, one outdoor; - second pool would take up some of the park space next to the existing pool; - nothing clearly noted for diving boards, or diving platforms; After reading the draft I realized nothing was noted about the actual ground on which the complex sits. Issue seems to be structural only, not land related. Pool configurations include SCY, SCM, LCM, water polo, multiple variations. Looks like they are trying to accommodate aquatic sports, and recreational users, with an emphasis on aquatic sports,with recreational users taking a secondary role.
  • I saw a draft from City Staff to the City Council for next weeks City Council meeting. Highlights: - replace the existing roof and reinforce the pillars, install new roof; - during construction place outdoor pool in the parking lot; - two 50 meter pools side by side one indoor, one outdoor; - second pool would take up some of the park space next to the existing pool; - nothing clearly noted for diving boards, or diving platforms; After reading the draft I realized nothing was noted about the actual ground on which the complex sits. Issue seems to be structural only, not land related. Pool configurations include SCY, SCM, LCM, water polo, multiple variations. Looks like they are trying to accommodate aquatic sports, and recreational users, with an emphasis on aquatic sports,with recreational users taking a secondary role.
Children
No Data