Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • I missed that article in the Press Telegram, but then I don't read it everyday either. Not on my top ten list of newspapers/websites to read. I have been swimming in the outdoor pool and have encouraged everyone to continue to support the outdoor pool to show the City, and Parks & Recreation, that there are swimmers committed to swimming at Belmont. I have heard two, not official, solutions at this point in time: A) a Myrtha Pool in the parking lot at Belmont; B) a new pool in downtown Long Beach I will continue with my plans to attend the committee meeting tomorrow night. Will post my notes after the meeting. Thank you all for caring about our pool. Regards,
  • I missed that article in the Press Telegram, but then I don't read it everyday either. Not on my top ten list of newspapers/websites to read. I have been swimming in the outdoor pool and have encouraged everyone to continue to support the outdoor pool to show the City, and Parks & Recreation, that there are swimmers committed to swimming at Belmont. I have heard two, not official, solutions at this point in time: A) a Myrtha Pool in the parking lot at Belmont; B) a new pool in downtown Long Beach I will continue with my plans to attend the committee meeting tomorrow night. Will post my notes after the meeting. Thank you all for caring about our pool. Regards,
Children
No Data