Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • It's sad that a pool of that vintage needs to be replaced already especially when you consider it was a premier facility when it was built. I totally agree. However, having grown up in Long Beach (before and after the pool was built) and being a survivor of many an earthquake, my thinking is that it's possible that the actual site itself is seismically unstable, and not just the building. This could be the real underlying reason why the city wants to rebuild, and probably somewhere else away from Belmont Shore.
  • It's sad that a pool of that vintage needs to be replaced already especially when you consider it was a premier facility when it was built. I totally agree. However, having grown up in Long Beach (before and after the pool was built) and being a survivor of many an earthquake, my thinking is that it's possible that the actual site itself is seismically unstable, and not just the building. This could be the real underlying reason why the city wants to rebuild, and probably somewhere else away from Belmont Shore.
Children
No Data