Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • :cry:I will never forget racing a personal best 100 breaststroke time of 1:19.6, at Moore League Finals, in my senior year of high school. After racing in the area high school pools, I was in awe of Belmont Olympic Pool and the history of swimmers who swam there before me. I know I can speak for Debaru that we will both be mourning the loss of that pool. Bill, you must be depressed, too! :bighug: It's a good thing I brought in a new box of tissues today. This is indeed very sad news. I think the pool is worth saving, though. If I understand the article correctly, if it could cost up to $64 million to totally replace it, but only $23 million to upgrade it, I would think upgrading would be the way to go. L.B. could still erect a temporary pool while the upgrades are in the works and would save well over $30 million in the long run. The thing I hate the most about this, is what will happen to all of the tile murals. They are beautiful works of art that should be preserved.
  • :cry:I will never forget racing a personal best 100 breaststroke time of 1:19.6, at Moore League Finals, in my senior year of high school. After racing in the area high school pools, I was in awe of Belmont Olympic Pool and the history of swimmers who swam there before me. I know I can speak for Debaru that we will both be mourning the loss of that pool. Bill, you must be depressed, too! :bighug: It's a good thing I brought in a new box of tissues today. This is indeed very sad news. I think the pool is worth saving, though. If I understand the article correctly, if it could cost up to $64 million to totally replace it, but only $23 million to upgrade it, I would think upgrading would be the way to go. L.B. could still erect a temporary pool while the upgrades are in the works and would save well over $30 million in the long run. The thing I hate the most about this, is what will happen to all of the tile murals. They are beautiful works of art that should be preserved.
Children
No Data