Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Having swam outdoors in the little warm-up pool at Belmont in January last year, I can tell you, an outdoor swim meet in December in Long Beach would not be a bad thing. (ElaineK, you can chime in with your input :agree:) I grew up there and it wasn't unusual for me and my friends to swim in the ocean during the Christmas break. A pool would be so much warmer. Sorry, Deb; I'm with King Frog on this one. :agree: I would freeze my :mooning: off waiting on deck in between events; especially since I have Raynaud's. :afraid: You are much better with the cold than I am! But, this isn't about you or me; it's about what would be logical. Having the competition pool outdoors would increase the chances of a meet being held in poor conditions (yes, even in sunny Long Beach), whereas, if it is held indoors, the conditions would be consistent all year around.
  • Having swam outdoors in the little warm-up pool at Belmont in January last year, I can tell you, an outdoor swim meet in December in Long Beach would not be a bad thing. (ElaineK, you can chime in with your input :agree:) I grew up there and it wasn't unusual for me and my friends to swim in the ocean during the Christmas break. A pool would be so much warmer. Sorry, Deb; I'm with King Frog on this one. :agree: I would freeze my :mooning: off waiting on deck in between events; especially since I have Raynaud's. :afraid: You are much better with the cold than I am! But, this isn't about you or me; it's about what would be logical. Having the competition pool outdoors would increase the chances of a meet being held in poor conditions (yes, even in sunny Long Beach), whereas, if it is held indoors, the conditions would be consistent all year around.
Children
No Data