Belmont Pool Closed

Belmont Pool Closed "On Thursday, January 10th, the City of Long Beach closed the pool indefinitely after a structural analysis found that the pool was “seismically unsafe,” meaning that even a moderate earthquake would cause severe damage to the facility."
Parents
  • Debs...I mean debaru (other thread), Swimming outdoors in SoCal in Jan/Feb/Mar can be great. BUT, it can also be very uncomfortable! We had a meet last year at UC Irvine in, I believe March, it was very windy and very cold (not like back east cold...I'm from NJ originally). I had to wear my parka until the moment before we were called to the blocks. Then there was some delay of a few minutes and it was awful. I've swum in local meets in the 50's and rain. Not at all ideal. I know some of you folks in actual cold climates think, 50's or 60's is warm, no big deal. Well I can tell you add rain and wind and it ain't no fun! Even this last weekend in Santa Clarita. It was high 60's, but windy. Not the worst conditions I have seen, but not the best either. An indoor pool will allow everyone to swim their best under pleasant conditions.
  • Debs...I mean debaru (other thread), Swimming outdoors in SoCal in Jan/Feb/Mar can be great. BUT, it can also be very uncomfortable! We had a meet last year at UC Irvine in, I believe March, it was very windy and very cold (not like back east cold...I'm from NJ originally). I had to wear my parka until the moment before we were called to the blocks. Then there was some delay of a few minutes and it was awful. I've swum in local meets in the 50's and rain. Not at all ideal. I know some of you folks in actual cold climates think, 50's or 60's is warm, no big deal. Well I can tell you add rain and wind and it ain't no fun! Even this last weekend in Santa Clarita. It was high 60's, but windy. Not the worst conditions I have seen, but not the best either. An indoor pool will allow everyone to swim their best under pleasant conditions.
Children
No Data